Sold Individually. Nice size Eggplant.
Eggplant offers a host of health benefits. It has been shown to help protect brain cells. Eggplant also contains antioxidants, which have been shown to help fight cancer. Studies on animals have shown eggplant to be effective at reducing cholesterol. Eggplant can help regulate diabetes because of its high fiber and low soluble carbohydrates.
- Eggplant can be cooked in many ways, including baking, broiling, scalloping, marinating, deep frying or sauteeing. Serve it as both a side dish and an entrée.
- Eggplant can be served as a meat substitute. Consider topping it with mushrooms, sour cream, yogurt or tomatoes.
- Stuffed eggplant makes a unique, attractive dish. Stuff it with meat, fish or vegetables.
- Saute eggplant in olive oil for a healthy side dish.
- Consider offering fried eggplant as an alternative to french fries.